Finding Our Overlays
The Blank Slate
Once you create a new Overlay by selection the Blank Slate option, you can get started by clicking Add Widget.
You have many goal progress bar options to choose from:
- Beta Overlay- This overlay is placed at either the top or bottom of the screen and stretches the entire way across. It contains the charity avatar and name, your progress bar, goal, amount raised, and highlights the last donor, next milestone, and the top donor. This overlay is more experimental and you can use the Cause Colors and remove various details depending on your needs.
- Classic Overlay – This overlay is placed defaulted to the top of the screen and stretches the entire way across. It contains the charity avatar and name, your progress bar, goal, the amount raised, and highlights the most recent and top donor interchangeable. You can edit different aspects of this, such as color and font by clicking “Classic Overlay” on the left.
- Compact Overlay- This overlay, designed by @twaz (thanks Twaz!) is typically placed in the top-center and stretches across 60% of the screen. This overlay contains the cause avatar and name, your progress bar, goal, amount raised, and highlights the last donor, next milestone, and the top donor. A great overlay solution if you want a lot of information in a minimal amount of space!
- Dynamic Text- This gives you the option to have either your Personal Total, Personal Goal, Fundraising Event Total, Fundraising Event Goal, or Next Milestone display on your overlay.
- Progress Bar-A clean, streamlined progress bar that also shows any milestones.
- Simple Progress Bar- This progress bar can be vertical or horizontal and displays your progress towards your goal with no text. Works well with the Dynamic Text option.
- Throwback Progress Bar One/Throwback Progress Bar Two- Choose between two of our throwback progress bars and watch Tilty take flight as you progress towards your goal!
You also can add other widgets to enhance your overlay:
- Alert Box – This is an alert box that will populate donations as they appear. You can add gifs via the Giphy search box. It can also be set to trigger at the thresholds you specify.
- Cause Avatar- The logo of the nonprofit/charity organization you’re fundraising for.
- Cause Name- The name of the nonprofit/charity organization you’re fundraising for.
- Event List- Shows a list of your most recent donations. You can customize how many recent donations show.
- QR Code – This is a scannable QR code that is placed in the bottom left corner of the overlay. When people scan it, it will take them to the donation page of your campaign. The code can be moved and resized.
Adding Overlays To Your Livestream
Create A New Browser Source
On the scene you wish to add the overlay to, click on "Add source" --> "Webpage..." in the bottom left-hand corner of XSplit.
Adding a donation overlay to your livestream fundraiser is essential for encouraging monetary donations to your event! Make sure you include one of ours to make the most out of your next fundraising livestream!